(this is a copy from an email I sent)
Hola amigo/as,
This is a long awaited update that many of you have been asking about. Alicia labored for 24 hours starting right after the NCAA men's basketball championship. She did the whole thing with no medications and Gus came into the world naturally. We had an amazing doula and nurse midwife who were key in making this happen. My sister, Marisa showed up shortly afterward having driven 6 hours from Alberqueque. The next day my parents flew in for a visit. Alicia stayed one more night in the hospital and the next day my parents helped get us home.
Alicia is doing well, healing and learning how to breast fed. Gus eats most of the time. The past week has been a major adjustment in our sleeping routine (we were used to 8-9 hour nights of sleep with no interuption). Now we are learning the fine art of flexibility, abilitity, and napping whenever. People tell me it'll get better, and it has- last night we slept about 7 hours (in blocks of time).
Gus had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday where he weighed in slightly more than his birth weight, so I guess he won't be losing any weight for years. Alicia's parents are here visiting their first grandchild (my parent's third) and I finally have the energy to get this email out (with picture links).
Thank-you to everyone for your wonderful emails, prayers, and cards. This is the last of the emails, as of today I'm narrowing this list (that way you won't be bombarded with picture updates on monthly basis for the next 18 years). If you want to be included on the monthly list, just email and say so. You can also follow our exploits on this blog.
Second, I'll post some pictures on here, but I created a photo album on shutterfly which is better for hosting quality (and quantity) pictures. Check it out at: www.gusbyers.shutterfly.com
peace,
Ryan
Second, I'll post some pictures on here, but I created a photo album on shutterfly which is better for hosting quality (and quantity) pictures. Check it out at: www.gusbyers.shutterfly.com
peace,
Ryan
4 comments:
awesome! you're blogging now...sweet. looking forward to the updates.
-Seth
Handsome guy you got there. Hey, how bout a link between our sites?
Did Grandpa Byers straight out of Nashville shirt!
nice link to our site...thanks!
-Seth
Howdy!
You have a fine looken boy there! Congradulations Byers.
Post a Comment